Short wedding dresses are starting to pop up here and there, and in this day and age, they aren't as shocking as they used to be! Cue Keira Knightley looking flawless in her short Chanel wedding dress (which she reused TWICE on the red carpet, yay her!). If you're deciding whether to rock a short or long dress on your wedding day, hopefully this will help you out:
If you're thinking of branching out and opting for a short wedding dress, this is what you can look forward to:
- Comfort. Short dresses are way easier to move around and dance in, and you don't have to worry about carrying a heavy train around with you.
- For certain types of weddings, like beach or forest, short dresses are much more practical. You'll be on sand or grass, so a shorter dress makes more sense in terms of navigating your surroundings and getting to the front of the aisle with ease.
- If you're having a destination wedding, then a short dress is perfect because it's easier and lighter to pack and carry with you.
- If you've worked hard on your wedding body, and want to show off your legs or a gorgeous tan, then a short dress might be the perfect choice for you!
However, be aware:
- It can be hard to find a short dress that is trendy and daring, as most bridal shops only carry a very small selection.
- If you're already a short bride, be careful of short dresses, as they can tend to make you look smaller.
- If a traditional, bridal look is what you're going for, a short dress probably won't fit the criteria.
If you're still having trouble deciding, let's look at the best and worst parts about a long wedding dress.
- A long wedding dress instantly creates that 'bridal' look that most women are looking for. Long dresses cater for all body shapes and sizes, and can make every woman feel beautiful and unique.
- A long wedding dress also covers all the 'unwanted' areas, being fitted or tight in your most-loved areas, and looser in the areas you feel less confident about.
- Long dresses can be difficult to work with in terms of heaviness, being able to move comfortably and being able to actually dance freely during the night.
- A long dress is also sure to get dirty, no matter where you have your wedding, but particularly during beach or outdoor weddings.
So now the choice is yours! How you want to look, the location of your wedding and the type of person you are will all impact the decision you make. But one thing is for sure, you're gonna look beautiful!